Irish citizen in Boston for St. Patrick’s Day Parade reportedly rapes woman at Omni Parker House

An Irish citizen who was in Boston to march in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade reportedly raped a woman at the Omni Parker House hotel, according to police.

Dublin man Terrence Crosbie, 37 — who’s a member of the Dublin Fire Brigade — is accused of sexually assaulting a 28-year-old woman.

After the alleged rape on Friday, Crosbie reportedly tried to get out of town before the parade. He was on a flight back to Ireland when Massachusetts State Police stopped the plane on the Logan tarmac and arrested him.

Crosbie was then charged in Boston Municipal Court Central Division with one count of rape and was ordered held on $100,000 bail. He was also ordered not to leave Massachusetts and to surrender his passport. He will return to court on April 16 for a probable cause hearing.

“As always in these matters, the willingness of the victim to come forward is crucial,” Suffolk DA Kevin Hayden said in a statement. “This victim deserves enormous credit for doing that in this case.

“I’m grateful for the alertness of police in finding out that Mr. Crosbie was attempting to leave the country before he could be held accountable for his actions,” Hayden said.

Related Articles

Crime & Public Safety |

Alleged sex trafficking in Brockton hotel outlined in lawsuit

Crime & Public Safety |

Battenfeld: Maura Healey should take accountability in rape of 15-year-old girl in migrant shelter

Crime & Public Safety |

Ex-MBTA Transit Police officer convicted of raping 2 women while on duty in 2012

Crime & Public Safety |

Rockland migrant shelter resident charged with child rape

Crime & Public Safety |

Cape Cod man indicted, charged with raping 7 women in his garage

On Friday morning, Boston police interviewed a 28-year-old woman at Massachusetts General Hospital who told them she had been sexually assaulted at the Omni Parker House earlier that morning.

Detectives secured video surveillance from the hotel and from the The Black Rose bar and restaurant, where both Crosbie and the victim were on Thursday evening.

Police learned that Crosbie had flown to Boston from Ireland earlier Thursday with other members of the Brigade and that he was scheduled to leave on Tuesday after the parade.

After being interviewed by police on Saturday, Crosbie booked a flight for 10:10 p.m. that night, days before his scheduled departure date. At the airport, Crosbie boarded an even earlier flight, departing at around 7 p.m.

State Police then stopped the plane and removed him.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Afton gold medalist Jessie Diggins makes Nordic skiing history once again
Next post Scandia Heritage Alliance survey open until March 24