Max Verstappen signs new Red Bull contract to stay in Milton Keynes until end of 2030

Max Verstappen has signed a contract extension with Oracle Red Bull Racing that will keep the four-time Formula One world champion at the Milton Keynes team until the end of the 2030 season.

The announcement was made on Thursday, ahead of this weekend’s Dutch Grand Prix at Zandvoort, and replaces a deal that had been due to run until the end of 2028. It follows months of speculation about the Dutch driver’s future, including reports that Aston Martin was preparing a £1bn offer to lure him away.

Verstappen joined the Red Bull Junior Programme in 2014 and made his debut for the senior team in 2016, winning his first Grand Prix for the outfit. Since then, driver and team have secured four Drivers’ World Championships, two Constructors’ World Championships and 71 Grand Prix victories, according to the team’s statement.

Laurent Mekies, chief executive and team principal of Oracle Red Bull Racing, said: “Having Max continue with us and retaining the best driver on the grid is fantastic news for everyone at Red Bull, Oracle Red Bull Racing, as well as F1 and motorsport as a whole.”

He added: “The decision to continue our journey together is rooted in the trust Max and the Team have built over many years, as well as Max’s confidence in our people, our culture and our vision for the future. Forged through championship-winning success, intense battles and challenging moments alike, this relationship has only grown stronger, making it one of Formula One’s greatest success stories.”

“But we are not done yet. There are more races to win, more milestones to achieve and more history to write,” Mekies said. “Much will evolve as we move forward, but our ambition remains unchanged, united by one direction, one vision, one Team.”

Verstappen’s comments made clear that the team is no longer where it wants to be on the track. Formula One’s official report of the deal notes that McLaren took both titles in 2025, with Lando Norris beating Verstappen to the drivers’ championship by two points.

“I am really pleased with the contract extension,” Verstappen said. “We have the best people and I’m excited to keep working together with everyone to get back to the top again. This remains the ultimate goal that all of us have been working towards and will continue to pursue. I want to thank Red Bull, Laurent and everyone at Oracle Red Bull Racing for the trust they put in me.”

He said the team was “like a second family” and that staying with the same outfit for his whole career was “something I have always wanted to do”.

“Getting to work with Laurent now for over a year has also been great, I see a clear vision he has for the Team,” he said. “Everyone in Milton Keynes believes in what we are building and I am looking forward to the next chapter, fighting for more victories and competing for championships as we continue to shape the future of this Team.”

Verstappen added that making the announcement “during the last Grand Prix at Zandvoort is a great moment for me as well. Hopefully we can give the fans a special send-off for the final race.”

The team said the extension comes at “a defining moment” in its development, with Red Bull Ford Powertrains having entered its first season as an F1 power unit manufacturer and continued investment going into the team’s technical infrastructure and facilities. Neither side disclosed the financial terms of the new deal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Jaecoo owner Chery to open UK R&D centre in Bedfordshire this autumn
Next post Results day should be a hiring moment, not just a school milestone