US forces board Venezuela-linked sanctioned oil tanker in North Atlantic, US official says
By KONSTANTIN TOROPIN, Associated Press
WASHINGTON (AP) — A U.S. official says U.S. forces have boarded a Venezuela-linked sanctioned oil tanker in North Atlantic after pursuing it for weeks. The official spoke to The Associated Press on Wednesday the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive military operations.
The U.S. had been pursuing the tanker since last month after it tried to evade a U.S. blockade around Venezuela.
The ship was sanctioned by the U.S. in 2024 for allegedly smuggling cargo for a company linked to Lebanese militant group Hezbollah. The U.S. Coast Guard attempted to board it in the Caribbean in December as it headed for Venezuela, which the Trump administration has placed under naval blockade. The ship refused boarding and headed across the Atlantic.
Next post
US forces board Venezuela-linked sanctioned oil tanker in North Atlantic, US official says
More Stories
Trump invests millions in conveyor-belt sushi chain
The US president bought shares in Kura Sushi USA in February, according to his latest financial disclosure, despite rumors that...
Trump shelves AI oversight order
The move reportedly comes after pressure from tech moguls including Elon Musk US President Donald Trump has postponed signing an...
Morrisons to shut 100 convenience stores as supermarket blames Labour’s ‘policy choices’ for rising costs
Morrisons is preparing to pull down the shutters on 100 loss-making convenience stores in a move that places hundreds of...
April borrowing surges to £24.3bn as debt interest bill breaks month record
Higher gilt yields and a £10.3bn debt servicing bill have wiped further fiscal headroom from Rachel Reeves’s plans, leaving the...
Jaguar Land Rover eyes American tie-up with Stellantis to sidestep Trump tariffs
Britain’s biggest car manufacturer has, for the first time in its history, cracked open the door to assembling Range Rovers...
Potters win £120m rescue as government finally backs Britain’s ceramics heartland
After years of quiet desperation in Stoke-on-Trent, the kilns finally have something to celebrate. The government has unveiled a £120...
